Evergreen Arboretum and Gardens: Sculpture display and rental opportunity
The Evergreen Arboretum and Gardens (EA&G) and Everett Parks and Facilities Department are seeking one sculpture to display on a plinth in the Maple Grove in the Arboretum. The Arboretum is a beautiful setting for displaying sculpture in all seasons, and, with over 3,500 visitors each month, it provides excellent exposure for artists exhibiting work in the gardens.
The Arboretum will pay the artist $1500 for a two-year rental, an amount that would include installation of the work in the Arboretum. Artists are required to sign a City of Everett contract prior to installation and payment. The contract is available to preview upon request.
Evaluation and Selection Criteria
A committee made up of EA&G board members will review all submissions. EA&G reserves the right not to select any of the applicants.
Criteria to be used in the evaluation of the proposal:
- The sculpture must respond to the setting, including the existing tree near the plinth, and project requirements.
- The Arboretum Board prefers, but does not require, a sculpture that reflects a Japanese style compatible with the Maple Grove.
- The sculpture should be able to withstand the elements and be as vandal-proof as possible.
Location and Description of Site
The Arboretum is accessed from 145 Alverson Boulevard, the entrance to Legion Park, a free public park. The official entrance to the Arboretum is defined by a Little and Lewis arbor at the far end of the parking lot. The plinth is located inside the Arboretum and is 22 ½ X 22 ½. A photo of the location is included.
Proposals are due by October 30, 2021; installation on or before December 10, 2021.
Materials to Submit:
- Current resume
- Photos of all sides of the specific sculpture available for rental
- Dimensions of the sculpture and description of materials
- Installation plan
More information about EA&G and photos of the arboretum are available on our website at www.evergreenarboretum.com.