We have many members in Oregon State who have been hoping for more events to display their work and talk about rocks... HERE's YOUR CHANCE!
NWSSA plans to host a booth at the Portland Region Gem & Mineral Show running from October 6-8th.
We need volunteers to help host our booth, talk to fellow stone enthusiasts about the tools we use, where we find our cool stones and how we carve them! Member Ian Madin has generously offered to help organize, but we need more volunteers. Setup is
October 5th, and the show runs October 6 and 7 from 10-6 and Sunday the 8th from 10-5, with cleanup Sunday evening.
The 42nd Annual Portland Regional Gem & Mineral Show October 6th, 7th & 8th, 2023
Fri & Sat 10-6pm, Sun 10-5pm
Wingspan Event and Conference Center at the Westside Commons at 801 NE 34th Ave, Hillsboro, OR, 97124 (across from the Hillsboro airport)
Admission $7 weekend pass, kids 12 & under free
This facility charges $10 for ParkingOur Show Offers
- 40+ dealers from all around the Northwest selling rocks, minerals, fossils, jewelry, beads, faceted gems, and lapidary supplies
- Over 70 display Exhibits of a variety of rocks, minerals, and fossils. Some of which are competition displays, some of which are put on by our Junior rock hounds and collectors.
- Kids corner with games and prizes
- Interactive Fossil Area to look at fossils and ask questions
- Door prizes, Raffle, and Silent Auctions
- Interactive demonstrations from experienced artisans in subjects like wire wrapping, beading, cabbing, faceting, and stone carving.
- Presentations on many different topics click here Speaker Presentations & Happenings to see the tentative schedule of days, times and subjects.
Click Here to Learn more about the Portland Gem & Mineral Show